So Long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Goodbye

As our time here in Yokne’am draws to a close, the goodbyes are coming in hard and fast. Today was our last day at Dalyiot, and I think I can speak for all of us when I say that we are sorry to see it come to an end! Even though we have another week here, the school is going on break for Passover next week, so our volunteering will be limited to the youth center and Kol HaLev.

The students weren’t too happy to find out we were leaving (Sidebar: Well, for the most part. I think a couple kids had a big smile on their faces.), so the day was filled with a ton of big hugs and kids asking why we had to leave. One fifth grader told me flat out that I wasn’t leaving and that I was going to stay at Dalyiot, no questions asked! Sadly, that’s not the case, and we finally managed to make our way out for the last time, promising to come back and visit when we can. I don’t think we could have asked to be placed in a better school with a more supportive staff, and we especially had some fantastic students to work with the past few months. So, from the bottom of our hearts – thank you to all of them.

I took some pictures of the school today before we left, so enjoy! (click to enlarge)










0 comments:

Post a Comment